Wide range of activities before Charlton friendly
Pompey's new away kit launch will kick off the second Pompey Fans' Day, organised by the Tony Goodall Fans' Conference, on Saturday, July 20.
The event, which was first staged in 2011, will take place before the Blues’ pre-season friendly with Charlton at Fratton Park (3pm) and there will be a wide range of activities, including a crossbar challenge, beer tent, dunk tank and stalls selling a variety of foods and football-related gifts.
Things will get underway at 11am in the car park behind the Fratton End when Pompey chairman Iain McInnes and Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt formally open the event, which will hosted by Express FM’s Pompey commentator Dan Windle.
Sondico, the club's kit manufacturer will unveil the new away kit at 11.15am, which will be modelled by some of the club's first team squad.
Organiser Tom Dearie said: “The Fans’ Conference are proud to be hosting this event for the second time. It’s a perfect example of the community coming together and using football as a means to help others within our local community and beyond. The football club understand what this day is all about and have fully supported us from day one.
“I'd like to thank all those who have come forward and supported us – Portsmouth Community Football Club, Jobsite, Covers, Pompey Supporters’ Trust, The Betting Room, Strong Island, Team Locals, The Southsea Show, Central Branch Supporters’ club, The Shepherds Crook, and Speedyhire in Fareham. It is appreciated by everyone involved in organising what we hope will be a great day
“Special thanks go to Steve Tovey, Carl Paddon, Johnny Moore and Steve Hudson for the hours of hard work they have all put in to pull this all together. It’s been a great team effort and hopefully encapsulated the community ethos we are trying to build and promote as we move forward together.”
A full list of activities happening on the day are:
- Fans’ Day opening by Ian McInnes and Penny Mourdant. Compere
- Away Kit launch – on stage, with players and music
- Dunk Tank
- Grab a grand machine and Bat Attack game – Jobsite will run the Grab a Grand machine for us
- Bouncy Castle
- Bungee racing
- Football rodeo and Sumo table football
- Beer tent with cask ales and Irving brewery ‘fans’ beer
- Five music acts, three bands and two accoustic acts
- ‘Love Southsea’ 6-8 market type stalls
- Belle Isle burritos & Southsea Kitchen BBQ or Hog roast (TBC)
- Pompey in the Community – Crossbar challenge/penalty kicks/fastest shot challenge
- Beneficial Foundation – stall & hit the target game (Goal with holes to try and shoot through to earn points)
- Brilens stall selling t-shirts, etc
- Local artist designed posters
- Face painting
- Replica FA cup at the Trust bus