Pompey looking to fill voluntary role
Pompey Ladies are looking to appoint a sports therapist to provide physiotherapy and rehab sessions for the first and reserve teams.
This is currently a voluntary position, although there are benefits available.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The welfare of players within the PFCL first team squad
- Providing an effective assessment to the extent and cause of players’ injuries
- Providing necessary treatment and rehabilitation for players recently injured and returning from long-term injuries
- Player education (how to prevent reoccurrences)
- Medical records of players to meet the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Communication to coaches and relevant staff with regards to assessment of fitness levels
Key skills and experience required (essential):
- Current sports therapy degree
- Previous experience in the delivery of sports therapy
- A recognised first aid qualification
- An accepted Enhanced FA CRB Disclosure
- Evidence of continuing development in sports medicine
- Willingness to work weekends and training events when required
- Knowledge and understanding of the musculoskeletal development of young players
- Ability to work in a team environment
Key skills and experience required (desirable):
- Experience of working within women’s football
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
- Understanding of the FA girls and women’s player pathway.
If you are interested in the position please send your CV and covering letter to joint first team manager Perry Northeast at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07951 219377