Fantastic opportunity to combine studies with football
Have you just received your GCSE results and would like to represent Pompey?
If the answer is yes, then we want to hear from you!
Pompey in the Community, along with with TVS Education and VLUK, are offering a unique college course for 16-17-year-old boys and girls who are looking for an inspiring education programme based at the Pompey Study Centre.
The full-time course delivers a Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, with the focus of being a ‘stepping stone’ to university or employment.
But you will also compete against other professional clubs from the Premier and Football League.
As well as achieving the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, the two-year programme includes the following:
- Access to a state-of-the-art virtual learning platform
- An average of six hours coaching each week delivered by Pompey coaches
- Dedicated game day with specific website to see the progress and league tables
- Represent Pompey in a National Football and Futsal League
- Achieve a Sports Leaders Award
- Compete against like-minded individuals who aspire to play at the highest level
- Opportunities for work experience and part-time employment with Pompey in the Community
- Attend weekly match analysis sessions to view previous performances
- Take part in a regular gym programme focussing on strength and conditioning
The scholarship mirrors the environment of the elite club programme, combining a good education with a football development focus, designed to improve each player’s ability, while also achieving educational goals.
To apply for our course, which starts this month, please contact Craig Pearce on (023) 9272 8899 or email email@example.com