Work at Fratton Park
Centerplate, Portsmouth FC’s catering partner, seek a suitably motivated and qualified person to act as an Accessible Refreshments Assistant on a matchday.
Working with the club’s inclusion team and reporting to Centerplate’s Retail Manager, the successful applicant will be required to:
1. Circulate pre-prepared menu options to wheelchair users pre-match
2. Record orders of customers according to a pre-agreed system
3. Collect money and give change for orders according to a pre-agreed system which complies with club/Centerplate cash handling policies
4. Deliver orders to wheelchair supporters during half-time according to a pre-agreed system
5. Liaise with the Retail Manager and Matchday Disabled Liaison Officer as required to ensure the efficient delivery of the service
6. Proactively get to know wheelchair-users and other disabled supporters and their personal assistants
Honesty and trustworthiness are an essential requirement for the role, while experience of working with disabled people, tact and discretion and an outgoing personality are all preferred qualities looked for.
Some form of appropriate disability awareness training, or a willingness to undertake it (provided by Portsmouth FC), is an essential requirement of the role.
Letters of application, stating why you think you would be suitable for the role, should be sent to Gill Rimell, Retail Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Tuesday, December 20.
Written applications should be set to Gill Rimell, Retail manager Centerplate c/o Portsmouth FC, Fratton Park, Frogmore Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8RA.
Interviews by telephone will take place later that week. The role is scheduled to start at the Luton game on Monday January 2.