Job opportunity with Pompey in the Community
Job title: Community Coach
Responsible to: Head of Sports and Coaching
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Closing date: January 15 2016
Pompey in the Community are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated coach to work in our Sports and Coaching department.
The key role of the Community Coach is to provide quality coaching at football sessions, to lead the development of new sessions to target new participation, develop new partnerships and raise the profile of football.
Our aim is to be the best community department in the Football League. To do this we must promote the department and the work we do at all times.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter addressed to Clare Martin.
You can email email@example.com or post to: Clare Martin, CEO Pompey in the Community, Anson Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8TB
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks
You will be required to work outside of normal office hours, including at evenings, on weekends and Bank Holidays. The role will also include working home matchdays as required.
This post is full-time fixed term for 12 months form the post holder’s start date with a view to this being extended if national objectives are met.
Overall purpose of the job: To provide high quality coaching sessions to increase football participation for young people within Portsmouth and the surrounding areas and to create a supportive environment for youngsters to develop their skills and progress onto Elite Centres, including the Portsmouth FC Academy. The role will also including working at home games as part of the matchday co-ordination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for:
- Delivering coaching sessions in school settings – these may include breakfast clubs, lesson time delivery, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs, as well as skills and development centres in the evenings or Saturday mornings and during school holidays.
- Working with less experienced coaches and apprentices to and support their professional development
- Booking meetings to generate business
- Distributing leaflets, fliers, etc
- Adhering to PITC’s Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety, and Equal Opportunities and all other policies at all times.
- Making sure that your DBS check, Safeguarding Children, First Aid and any coaching certificates are kept up to date
- Willing to contribute to your Continual Professional Development by attending organised courses and finding your own courses where appropriate
- Ensuring that all registers are properly maintained and returned promptly
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other relevant agencies and individuals
- To actively seek funding and/or opportunities to sustain and develop the growth of PSEF programmes
- Monitoring budgets for projects running in your area
- Continual liaising with other managers within PITC to ensure consistency throughout the organisation
- Assisting where necessary with organising annual tour for development groups, either abroad or within the UK
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees
- To represent Pompey in the Community and Portsmouth Community Football Club in a professional manner at all times, regarding uniform, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires, including evenings, weekends and all home matchdays
PERSON SPECIFICATION DESCRIPTION
- FA Level 2 Coaching Football Award (must be the NGB Level 2 award)
- FA Youth Module 1 (or a willingness to achieve)
- In date Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update ASAP)
- In date First Aid certificate (or willingness to update ASAP)
- Current FA Coaching licence (or willingness to undergo necessary CPD)
- Full UK Driving Licence car owner and willingness to use own vehicle for work
- Multi Skills Level 2
- The FA UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth module 2 and 3 other Level 1 and 2 sport/activity based qualifications
- Experience of coaching football to young people
- Experience of coaching/working with young footballers
- Experience of promoting and recruiting targeted participants onto activities
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes
- Activity planning, project management and session management
- A proven track record of successful project implementation and administration
- A proven track record of working with external partners
- A proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Attitude to always strive to overachieve and continuously develop the programme and organisation
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Commitment to undergo regular CPD
- Competent with the use of IT and IT-based systems
- Knowledge of the FA and Football League Trust’s Football Development programme and its strategic aims
- Experience of writing reports and co-ordinating a monitoring and evaluation system
- Working within a professional football club environment
- An understanding of the issues faced by young footballers
- Knowledge of Portsmouth and its surrounding areas
- Confident and outgoing personality used to motivate participants
- Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers and casual coaches
- Practical experience of managing information operating systems, including monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance frameworks
- Experience of social network mechanisms including websites
- Experience of health and safety and/or welfare and safeguarding policies and procedures
- Experience of working with commercial partners and securing sponsorship and support for charitable activities
- Understanding of the VIEWS system
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a full enhanced CRB check.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required. Portsmouth in the Community is an equal opportunities employer.
- To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook
- To co-operate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment and sports equity
- To comply with all aspects of Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements
- Work with commercial and marketing manager to install an ongoing marketing campaign to publicise project to participants and promote to local media
- Assist the Chief Executive and Management Team in providing regular reports for the Trustees’ Management Committee meetings
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees