Job opportunity with Pompey in the Community
Job Title: Women and Girls Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Head of Sports and Coaching
Hours per week: 37.5
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: January 15 2016
Pompey in the Community are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated Women and Girls’ Co-ordinator to organise and deliver our Female Football Development (FFD) programme.
The FFD programme is funded by Sport England through the Premier League and is aimed at young women aged 14-25 to target:
- Increase access to football for young women aged 14-25.
- Create a supportive environment for them to develop their skills.
- Provide a link to a variety of exit routes including local teams.
The key role of the co-ordinator is to lead the development of new sessions to target new participation, develop new partnerships, raise the profile of women’s football and to complete the monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter addressed to Clare Martin.
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
You will be required to work outside of normal office hours – at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
The role will also include working home matchdays, as required, as part of the matchday co-ordination.
Responsible for: Female Football Development Project
Contractual status: This post is full-time fixed term for 12 months form the post holder’s start date with a view to this being extended if national objectives are met.
Overall purpose of the job: To provide high quality coaching sessions to increase access to football for young women within Portsmouth and the surrounding areas and to create a supportive environment for young women to develop their skills and link a variety of exit routes including local teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for:
- Co-ordinating the new Female Football Development (FFD) programme
- Planning and organising new sessions specifically set up to target new young women into football
- To lead on the delivery of sessions in and around schools and evening community sessions
- To monitor and evaluate all activity on the programme, including reports to the Premier League and regular updates for Head of Sports and Coaching
- To create strategic partnerships with key organisations within Portsmouth and the surrounding areas
- Support the female player pathway in girls progressing into a team and elite talent identification
- To promote the work of the charity and ensure positive media is achieved through internal and external media – locally, regionally and nationally where applicable
- To assist with the co-ordination of the club’s matchday experience at home games as and when required
- Assist on other project areas within the organisation at the discretion of the Community Manager
- Work with the CEO to identify and access funding and capacity support to enable the delivery of the strategy
- Work with key staff members, participants, volunteers and partner organisations to develop an effective Women and Girls strategy for PITC
- Ensure the strategy is focused on: Increasing participation, quality of delivery, establishing an effective talent pathway
- Implement the strategy in a collaborative manner ensuring that there is buy-in from relevant stakeholders
- To represent Pompey in the Community and Portsmouth Community Football Club in a professional manner at all times, regarding uniform, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires, including evenings, weekends and all home matchdays
PERSON SPECIFICATION DESCRIPTION
- FA Level 2 Coaching Football Award (must be the NGB level 2 award)
- FA Youth Module 1 (or a willingness to achieve)
- In date Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update asap)
- In date First Aid certificate (or willingness to update asap)
- Current FA Coaching licence (or willingness to undergo necessary CPD)
- Full UK Driving Licence (car owner and willingness to use own vehicle for work)
- The FA UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth module 2 and three other level 1 and 2 sport/activity based qualifications
- Experience of coaching football to young people
- Experience of coaching/working with female footballers
- Experience of promoting and recruiting female/targeted participants onto activities working within partnership and multi-agency programmes
- Activity planning, project management and session management
- A proven track record of successful project implementation and administration
- A proven track record of working with external partners
- A proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, including written, telephone and interpersonal
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Attitude to always strive to overachieve and continuously develop the programme and organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to undergo regular CPD to maintain current standards for delivering on an FA funded programme
- Competent with the use of IT and IT-based systems
- Experience in the girls/women’s game as a previous player/coach
- Knowledge of the FA and Football League Trust’s Female Football Development (FFD) programme and its strategic aims
- Experience of writing reports and co-ordinating a monitoring and evaluation system
- Working within a professional football club environment
- An understanding of the issues faced by young people and female footballers
- Knowledge of Portsmouth and its surrounding areas
- Confident and outgoing personality used to motivate participants
- Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers and casual coaches
- Practical experience of managing information operating systems, including monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance frameworks
- Experience of social network mechanisms including websites
- Experience of health and safety and/or welfare and safeguarding policies and procedures
- Experience of working with commercial partners and securing sponsorship and support for charitable activities
- Understanding of the VIEWS system
This is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a full enhanced CRB check.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required. Pompey in the Community is an equal opportunities employer.
- To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook
- To co-operate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment and sports equity
- To comply with all aspects of Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements
- Work with Commercial and Marketing Manager to install an on-going marketing campaign to publicise project to participants and promote to local media
- Assist the Chief Executive and Management Team in providing regular reports for the Trustees’ Management Committee meetings
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees