Work at Fratton Park
Portsmouth Football Club are seeking a suitably motivated and qualified person to act as the club’s Stadium Designated Disabled Co-ordinator.
Led by the Head of Safeguarding & Inclusion, and reporting directly to the Stand Supervisor, the person would be an integral part of the matchday safety team co-ordinated by the Safety Officer.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for the following core roles:
- Checking and controlling the allocation and return of accessibility equipment on a matchday
- Meeting and greeting home and visiting disabled supporters, ensuring their both their safety and well-being throughout the match
- Liaising with the club’s Disabled Liaison Officer to be made aware of any specific accessibility issues for the forthcoming match
- Proactively getting to know both wheelchair-user and ambulant disabled regular supporters and being their first point of contact in the event of any issues or needs arising
- Troubleshoot any ad hoc issues on a matchday, liaising with the Safety Officer, Stand Supervisor, club DLO or Head of Safeguarding & Inclusion as appropriate
- Attend matchday briefing and debriefing sessions as required
Some form of appropriate disability awareness training, or a willingness to undertake it, is an essential requirement of the role, as is an NVQ Level 2 stewarding qualification.
Letters of application, stating why you think you would be suitable for the role, should be sent to the club’s Head of HR Ian Home by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Ian Home, Head of HR, Portsmouth FC, Frogmore Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8RA by Friday, September 16.
Interviews will take place the week commencing September 19. The role starts at the Doncaster match on Saturday, October 1.