Work for Pompey in the Community
Job Title: Community Coach
Responsible to: Head of Sports and Coaching
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience, circa £17K per annum
Closing Date: April 17 2017
Pompey in the Community are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated coach to work in our Sports and Coaching department.
The key role of the Community Coach is to provide quality coaching on football sessions, to lead the development of new sessions to target new participation, develop new partnerships and raise the profile of football.
How to apply: Please send CV and cover letter addressed to Clare Martin. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to Pompey in the Community, Anson Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8TB.
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks
You will be required to work outside of normal office hours; at evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. The role will also include working home matchdays, as required. This post is full-time fixed term for 12 months form the post holder’s start date, with a view to this being extended if objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for:
- Delivering coaching sessions in school settings – these may include breakfast clubs, lesson time delivery, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs, as well as skills and development centres in the evenings or Saturday mornings and during school holidays
- Working with less experienced coaches and apprentices to support their professional development
- Booking meetings to generate business and distributing leaflets, fliers, etc
- Adhering to PitC’s Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and all other policies at all times
- Making sure that your DBS check, Safeguarding Children, First Aid and any coaching certificates are kept up to date
- Willing to contribute to your own Professional Development by attending organised courses and finding your own courses where appropriate
- Ensuring that all registers are properly maintained and returned promptly
- Assisting where necessary with organising annual tour for development groups either abroad or within the UK
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees.
- To represent Pompey in the Community and Portsmouth Community Football Club in a professional manner at all times, regarding uniform, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires, including evenings, weekends and all home matchdays
PERSON SPECIFICATION DESCRIPTION
- FA Level 2 Coaching Football Award (Must be the NGB level 2 award)
- FA Youth Module 1 (or a willingness to achieve)
- In date Safeguarding certificate (or willingness to update ASAP)
- In date First Aid certificate (or willingness to update ASAP)
- Current FA Coaching licence (or willingness to undergo necessary CPD)
- Full UK Driving Licence, car owner and willingness to use own vehicle for work
- Multi Skills Level 2
- The FA UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth module 2 and 3 other level 1 and 2 sport/activity based qualifications
- Experience of coaching football to young people
- Experience of coaching/working with youngsters
- Experience of promoting and recruiting targeted participants onto activities
- A proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Attitude to always strive to overachieve and continuously develop the programme and organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to undergo regular CPD
- Competent with the use of IT and IT-based systems
- Experience of writing reports and coordinating a monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers and casual coaches
- Practical experience of managing information operating systems, including monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance frameworks and social network mechanisms including websites
- To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook
- Work with Commercial and Marketing Manager to install an on-going marketing campaign to publicise projects to participants and promote to local media
- Assist the Chief Executive and Management Team in providing regular reports for the Trustees’ Management Committee meetings
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Trustees
Benefits of the job
Pompey in the Community is Portsmouth Football Club’s affiliated charity and as such you will be working for a high profile organisation with the city.
The organisation, alongside the club, have huge ambitions to really embed themselves in the local community. As a result it’s a really exciting time to join Pompey, one of football’s most iconic clubs.