Work at Fratton Park
Role: Commercial Assistant
Company: Portsmouth Football club
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop within a rapidly expanding company intent on year-on-year growth.
Portsmouth Football Club has an extensive number of Club partners and sponsors which continues to rise, and they are greatly valued by the Club for their support and investment.
In return, the commercial team ensure a return on investment through the successful activation of partner rights.
As the Club’s commercial operation continues to grow, we are seeking an ambitious Commercial Assistant to join the team.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Commercial Director and sales team in the day-to-day account management of each of the partners, including the delivery of certain contractual rights and administrative support.
The position will include working a number of matchdays during the season when required. This will involve working irregular hours (eg, evenings/weekends/bank holidays).
This role would suit a candidate with some experience of working within the marketing or sponsorship sectors, potentially gained through internships or at entry level.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line before Monday, June 26 June 2017.
Candidates successful in securing an interview can expect to hear back within two weeks of the closing deadline.
Portsmouth Football Club welcomes applications from anyone, regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
-To provide support to the Commercial Director and Sales Team on the day-to-day account management of club sponsors and partners, including the delivery of certain rights, as well as provide administrative support.
-To build strong relationships with all club departments and external partner stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of activity and partnership rights.
- To support the Commercial Director and Sales Team with the delivery of certain contractual rights
- To provide administrative support to the Commercial Director and Sales Team
- To manage the allocation and distribution of all partner tickets and hospitality passes
- To manage the allocation and distribution of all partner merchandise
- To manage all partner Training Centre and Stadium Tours/visits, including those for prize winners
- To collate examples of all partner marketing, both physical and digital
- To log all digital statistics relating to partner marketing
- To maintain on an on-going basis, a detailed breakdown of all various partnership rights and delivery completion
- To draft and distribute minutes from all partner meetings
- To organise the paperwork accordingly for the commercial department to include contracts, purchase orders and invoices to support the budgeting process
- Assist in the organisation of commercial events
- To be the first point of contact for general enquiries
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged
- Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure
- Outgoing and interested in the sponsorship industry
- Able to work both autonomously and take a lead in projects
Skills and Experience
- An understanding of brand marketing and the marketing mix, including in the digital space
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
- An understanding of the commercial landscape within the sport and entertainment sector
- Excellent account management and project management skills
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A passion for sport and entertainment
- Previous experience preferred but not essential