The latest Network Pompey Business Club event took place at Fratton Park last Thursday.
If you were unable to make it, here are five things you will have missed…
1. Alistair Thompson, director of Team Britannia, was guest speaker for the event.
2. Team Britannia is a multi-million pound bid to design and build the fastest and most fuel-efficient powerboat to circumnavigate the globe. Alistair explained the three main components to the challenge, with construction of the boat starting at the beginning of 2016. It is set to be completed in October 2018 and Alistair is hoping to start as soon as possible!
3. The aim of the expedition is to set a new world record navigating around the globe in under 60 days. It starts in Gibraltar and goes via Mexico, Singapore, the Suez Canal, and plenty more locations, before finishing back in Gibraltar. Alistair explained the intense detail that has gone into building a powerboat that can withhold treacherous conditions, but also be as fuel efficient and environmentally friendly as possible. You can find out everything about the project and about the challenge here.
4. Tim Green, from Network Pompey members Brain Tumour Research, informed guests about the upcoming ‘Wear a Hat Day’! Find more information about how your company can support it here.
5. Steve Phyall of Zooming Photography captured the event and you can view the images here.
The next Network Pompey event, hosted by Network My Club, takes place in the Warrior Lounge at Fratton Park on Thursday, March 15 (8.30am-10.30am). You can book your place here.
To find out more information about your company joining Network Pompey, which includes a place at every monthly networking event, a listing in most matchday programmes and more, visit www.networkpompey.co.uk