The latest Network Pompey Business Club event took place at Fratton Park last Thursday.
It was yet another sold-out breakfast and if you were unable to make it, here are five things you will have missed…
1. Jess Lavery, who is a professional sailor for the British Sailing Team and between European and World Championship competitions – joined for a Q&A.
2. Jess spoke about how being a professional sailor had been a lifelong dream – but not one she realistically thought she would reach. After a first experience on the water at the age of five, she was hooked. Training hard throughout her teenage years, the dream became reality at the age of 18 and she now competes around the world.
3. Jess spends the majority of time away from home, as she competes in competitions worldwide. Her main goal – and it has been for the past few years – is to reach the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. She explained this will not be easy, as each nation is only allowed to enter one boat, meaning Jess could finish second in the World Championships next month and still not make it.
4. The British Sailing Team is lottery funded, but this only covers basic living expenses. Jess is always on the look-out for sponsorship – and there are opportunities for your business to help her reach the Olympics and win gold for Team GB! You can keep up with Jess’ progress on Instagram and Facebook, or contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. New members in attendance were welcomed, which this month included PRYZM Portsmouth and Castle Water.
The next Network Pompey event, hosted by Network My Club, takes place before the Portsmouth Business Expo at the Pyramids Centre on Thursday, July 12 (8am-10am). You can book your place here.
For more information about your company joining Network Pompey, which includes a place at every monthly networking event, a listing in most matchday programmes and more, visit www.networkpompey.co.uk or contact email@example.com