The latest Network Pompey Business Club event took place at Fratton Park last Thursday.
If you were unable to make it, here are five things you will have missed…
1. Ruth Walczak, former Team GB rower and current practitioner for Complete Coherence, was the guest speaker.
2. Before joining Complete Coherence, Ruth was a professional athlete in the Team GB rowing squad. Her career highlights a silver in the lightweight quad and bronze in the lightweight singles at the World Championships!
3. Ruth is now transferring the psychology she used in sport into the business world, with her current role helping businesses and business people deepen their understanding of themselves to aid performance. While explaining the number of psychological factors that contribute to performance, Ruth used a fascinating live demonstration to show how the simple task of breathing in a controlled manner affects heart rate variability and ultimately the way the brain processes and reacts to information.
4. New Network Pompey Business Club members in attendance were welcomed, which this month included Village Hotels and Peter Ashley Activity Centres.
5. Win a hospitality package for four to Pompey’s match against Wigan on Easter Monday. This package includes match tickets, entry to the Partners’ Lounge, three-course meal, parking and pre-match pitch-side presentation, as well as pre-match and half-time refreshments. You can enter the competition via the Network Pompey Facebook page.
The next Network Pompey event, hosted by Network My Club, takes place in the Warrior Lounge at Fratton Park on Thursday, April 19 (8.30am-10.30am). You can book your place here.
To find out more information about your company joining Network Pompey, which includes a place at every monthly networking event, a listing in most matchday programmes and more, visit www.networkpompey.co.uk