The latest Network Pompey Business Club event recently took place at Fratton Park.
It was another packed breakfast and if you were unable to make it, here is what you will have missed.
1. Multi award-winning business performance coach Ian Dickson was guest speaker at this month’s busy event.
2. Ian’s talk was based on the same concept as his successful ‘Big 100’ event, which he runs locally each year. It delivers 100 business tips to 100 businesses throughout the day. Using cards distributed on the tables around the room – each containing a tip – delegates called out various tips, which Ian would then elaborate on.
3. The tips started with having ‘satisfied customers’ and how rising above that will help create more advocates for your business, in turn leading to further opportunities and referrals. Following that, Ian spoke about the customer conversation and removing words like ‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘us’ from the dialogue, replacing them with the most important in advertising/selling – ‘you’. Others included customer attention and demonstrating efficiency and speed, with Ian finishing using his favourite phrase, ‘money loves speed’. Ian’s ‘Simply Sales & Marketing’ workshop covers all this and more, and you can find out more here.
4. New Network Pompey members were welcomed and introduced, which this month included Biscoes, UK Office Systems and Sporting Difference.
5. Existing members Football For Cancer informed guests of the corporate five-a-side football tournament taking place at the weekend, while Brain Tumour Research provided more information about the upcoming Great South Run on October 21.
The next Network Pompey event – hosted by Network My Club – takes place on Thursday, October 18 (8.30am-10.30am) and you can book your place here.
For more information about your company joining Network Pompey, which includes a place at every monthly networking event, a listing in most matchday programmes and more, visit www.networkpompey.co.uk or contact email@example.com