Can you help the organisations who are working to maintain our critical services during this very challenging time?
Our emergency services, local authorities and utility companies are coordinating the local response to Covid-19 across Hampshire.
In addition to supporting NHS Health partners on the frontline and managing the logistics of distributing emergency food and medicine parcels to the most vulnerable, they continue to:
- Respond to police, fire and ambulance emergencies
- Maintain refuse collection
- Maintain visits to sheltered housing schemes and support the homeless community
All of these activities require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect the key workers who are delivering these services on a daily basis.
You will have seen in the media that there is a national need for PPE to support these critical frontline services and local businesses are asked to donate any of the following items:
- Nitrile gloves
- Disposable plastic aprons or gowns
- Tyvex suits
- Eye protection (surgical mask with integrated visor, full face shield/visor, polycarbonate safety spectacles or equivalent)
- Face masks (water repellent surgical masks, FFP3 respirators)
- Alcohol hand gel (60 per cent minimum alcohol content)
- Cleaning wipes (with high alcohol content)
If you are able to donate any of these supplies, please contact COVIDdonations@hantsfire.gov.uk