Pompey are one of 54 teams involved in the EFL Football Manager Cup.
Football Manager have partnered with Mind and the EFL to create the EFL Football Manager Cup – an FM tournament that will take place over the next month.
Fifty-four clubs from across the EFL, each represented by a virtual manager, will face off in a straight knockout competition, with the final two teams left standing facing off in the showpiece final in mid-May.
On his appointment, Proudie said: "It's a dream to be announced as the new Portsmouth manager today and I'll endeavour to keep the good times coming to Fratton Park."
The draw for the first round will take place live on the Football Manager Twitter page at 3pm tomorrow (April 19) and those matches will take place from Monday, April 20 until Thursday, April 23. Ten teams will be given a first round bye and go straight into the second round.
After each round is completed, Football Manager will be uploading highlights to the FM YouTube channel for you to catch up on all of the action and there will be a full written round-up on the FM website.
As well as supporting the Blues during the tournament, you can also show your support for the EFL’s charity partner, Mind, the mental health charity.
In these tough times their services are needed more than ever so while you’re being entertained by the action, please consider donating on this JustGiving page which will be open during the tournament.
EFL Football Manager Cup schedule
• First round draw – Sunday, April 19
• First round match dates – Monday, April 20 to Thursday, April 23
• Second round – week commencing April 27
• Round of 16 – week commencing May 4
• Quarter-Finals – May 11 to 14
• Semi-Finals – Saturday, May 16
• Final – Sunday, May 17
Fifty-four teams from across the EFL’s three divisions compete in a knockout tournament with the aim to crown one club as the EFL Football Manager Cup winner.
Due to there being 54 teams taking part, 10 will be given a bye into round two. This will be determined by random during the first round draw and has been implemented to ensure 32 teams take part in round two.
• Matches to be played on FM20 Touch Versus mode and teams must play as themselves.
• This is a straight knockout tournament, with all ties comprising one game. Each tie will go to extra-time and penalties, if necessary, to produce a winner.
• The ‘home’ team of each tie will host the match.
• Suspensions/injuries will not carry over to the next round.