As a result of the ongoing concerns posed by the coronavirus outbreak and following specific medical advice, the Fair Play handshake between players and match officials will not take place at Pompey matches until further notice.
The EFL remains in regular dialogue with the Government regarding the ongoing concerns posed by the coronavirus, and the situation is being appraised on a regular basis in terms of developments that could potentially impact Pompey and the competitions we participate in.
At this current time the advice remains unchanged, with all EFL clubs being advised to take appropriate prevention measures as per the Government guidance.
These matters are naturally subject to constant change and the club will update as appropriate.
Advice for supporters to protect themselves and fellow fans
- Please do not come to the game if you are feeling unwell.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Contact NHS 111 if you are worried about your symptoms. The advice is to not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Further information is available at www.nhs.uk