Portsmouth Football Club would like to update all supporters on the current club-specific situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
Our primary concern remains the health and wellbeing of players, staff, supporters and all those in the community.
The following measures have therefore been taken:
- Testing kits have been very difficult to obtain, but all players and members of the management team will be tested for the virus early this week.
- The intention of these tests is to create a sterile environment for our players and management team, so that when the season (hopefully) recommences, we have a fit and healthy squad. As a result of this, all public and commercial engagements by the players and management team have unfortunately been suspended.
- Plans were put in place last week, and have been actioned, to allow the majority of staff to work from home, without affecting the day-to-day running of the club. Staff are only coming into the office or attending meetings where essential.
- Matches and training sessions have been suspended for our academy teams.
- The Leasing.com Trophy final has not currently been suspended, but we remain in contact with the EFL and will update fans if this situation changes.
- We understand that the various football governing bodies are due to meet this week to discuss the remaining fixtures this season. At this time, we can only speculate as to what direction these will take.
- Fans with ticketing enquiries are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 646 1898 (option one). The Anson Road ticket office will remain closed at this time.
Our chairman, board of directors, players and staff would like to thank supporters for their continued support and the best wishes that have been relayed to us during this period.
We will continue to do our best to keep everyone updated as the situation undoubtedly continues to evolve.
Portsmouth Football Club urge everyone to follow government guidelines to help limit the spread of this virus.
Play up Pompey!