We are unable to be together at Wembley to watch the Blues face Salford in the Papa John’s Trophy final, but we can all be together to help raise vital funds for the local community.
Portsmouth Football Club have teamed with our award-winning charity Pompey in the Community (PitC) to offer fans the chance to buy a commemorative ticket for the postponed 2020 showpiece, which takes place on Saturday, March 13.
All proceeds will be donated to programmes that directly support the local community and aid the Covid-19 recovery effort.
It is the idea of the Pompey Supporters’ Trust, who saw how successful similar schemes have been elsewhere.
Since the first lockdown a year ago – and working in partnership with other local organisations – PitC have:
- Delivered more than 6,000 food parcels to vulnerable residents
- Provided 174 care packages to the over 60s
- Delivered more than 160 hours of Zoom workshops
- Cooked and distributed more than 4,000 hot meals
- Made more than 150 hours of welfare visits
- Delivered cooking workshops to more than 1,200 participants
Money raised will be used to support the critical Covid-19 response services in Portsmouth and the surrounding area, helping to tackle some of the region’s biggest challenges, including rising food poverty levels, increased social isolation, poor mental health and rising unemployment.
Fans can purchase an e-ticket for just £5, with a commemorative personalised and printed version – that will be sent out after the final – available for £15.
Businesses can also get involved by buying a virtual hospitality package for £150, which consists of 10 tickets to give to colleagues or clients.
Some incredible ‘money-can’t-buy’ prizes will also be up for grabs, so make sure to keep your eyes open.
"Everyone knows the generosity of Pompey fans and this is great opportunity to make a real difference in the local community."
Just £5 will help provide a food package for a family or a care package for a socially isolated older person, while £10 will help teach a family to cook on a budget or provide someone out of work with the critical skills they need to get back into employment.
Pompey chief executive Mark Catlin said: “Everyone knows the generosity of Pompey fans and this is great opportunity to make a real difference in the local community.
“Remembering what a fantastic day it was against Sunderland two years ago, it is a real shame that fans are not able to attend the final against Salford.
“However, these virtual tickets can at least provide a memento of the club’s latest trip to Wembley, while also helping those who need our help the most during these difficult times.”
How to secure your ticket
- Commemorative tickets can be ordered by clicking on the respective reward links (A £5 e-ticket, £15 commemorative ticket or £150 hospitality ticket).
- You must click on the rewards link and tickets will not be ordered by clicking the donation link alone.
- Once you have selected your reward, follow the instructions on screen, including filling out your address details so we know where to send tickets.
- The system will give you an option to add an additional donation. Every little helps and is gratefully received.
- Gift Aid can only be claimed on donations and not on the tickets themselves. If you would like to Gift Aid your donation, please make an additional donation when ordering and don’t forget to tick the Gift Aid box.
- Finally, enter your card details, then sit back and relax, safe in the knowledge you’ve made a real difference to your community.