Portsmouth Football Club have filed their accounts for the year ended June 30 2020 at Companies House.
Key points include:
- Overall profit for financial year of £260,000 (after depreciation and amortisation)
- During the year, there was a £2.2 million profit on player transfers
- Player acquisition costs during the year were £2.3 million, including all transfer fee costs and agent fees
- The year-end balance sheet showed a net asset position of £14.9 million
- During the year, £1.9 million was spent on new investment in stadium infrastructure and £0.2 million on other strategic assets
- The impact of Covid-19 (April-June 2020) cost the club £1.3 million as a result of refunds/credits to seasons ticket holders and lost matchday income, the postponement of the EFL Trophy final and the loss of other hospitality and commercial income. This lost income was offset in part by national government support, via rates relief and furlough, which provided £500,000.
Portsmouth Football Club would like to thank all Pompey fans for their continued support.