Pompey are trialling a ticket exchange service for season ticket holders who are unable to attend sold out fixtures.
Supporters will be able to make their seat available for fellow Blues fans – and will receive part of the sale price.
This service will be used for next League One home match against MK Dons on Saturday, December 17.
Once a buyer is found, the seller’s season card will be disabled for that game and the purchaser will have the option to receive a paper ticket or an eticket.
The season ticket holder will receive a £5 credit in their online Pompey ticketing account that can be used at any home league or cup game during the 2022/23 season or towards their 2023/24 season ticket.
Please note that as this is a trial, it will be limited to 100 season ticket holders being able to put their seat up for resale. For future games, the number of season ticket holders who can use the service will be unlimited.
Benefits of using the ticket exchange
- Using the service gives season ticket holders the opportunity to get a financial return on their seat for games they are unable to attend.
- An interactive seat map displays all available tickets in one location and simplifies the booking process.
- Season ticket holders are provided with a secure and convenient service to sell tickets to fellow fans.
Ticket Exchange Q&A – selling tickets
- How do I post my ticket for sale?
A. Online by logging into your eticketing account, selecting your profile and then choosing ‘manage tickets’. You tick the available seat and fixture for the relevant fixture and then click ‘sell on ticket exchange’. You will then receive a confirmation that your ticket has been listed for sale.
- How long does my ticket have to sell?
A. It will automatically be set to 11.59pm on the day before the fixture. However, if you wish to stop your seat from being sold, this can be done through your online account.
- Can I check the status of my posted seat(s) online?
A. View your ticket exchange account by entering your email address and password in the eticketing site. Under the ‘Account History’ section, select ‘Ticket Exchange’.
- Can I post tickets on behalf of friends and family?
A. Yes, but please ensure that if you are posting tickets on behalf of another season ticket holder, they are part of your online network prior to the process.
- What happens if my ticket sells?
A. You will receive email notification if your ticket is bought. Your season card is deactivated for the match you have selected to sell as soon as someone buys the ticket. Your account will be credited with £5 that can be used for any home league or cup game during the 2022/23 season or your 2023/24 season ticket.
- What happens if my ticket does not sell?
A. If your ticket does not sell by the time you selected (or by 11.59pm on the day before the match if you did not select a time), then the ticket is taken off sale. You will receive email notification that your ticket did not sell and it is available for you to use for that match.
Ticket Exchange Q&A – buying tickets
- Who is eligible to use the new ticket exchange service to buy a ticket?
A. Any Pompey supporter.
- How do I buy a ticket via the ticket exchange?
A. Supporters are advised that the quickest and easiest way is online here. Make sure to select ‘include resale tickets’ when choosing your seat. All tickets sold will be listed at the adult price of £24 per ticket.
- What will I be charged to use this service?
A. There is no additional charge on top of the standard booking fees.
- When will the ticket exchange service be available?
A. In the event of further fixtures using the service, an announcement will be made on the website.
- What happens after I have purchased a ticket?
A. You will receive a confirmation email containing the relevant seat information along with a ticket via the delivery method selected.
- If I purchase a ticket via the ticket exchange but am no longer able to attend the match, can I get a refund?
A. Unfortunately, refunds will not be issued.
- Who do I contact if I have a problem?
A. Call the ticket office team on 0345 646 1898 or email email@example.com
Tickets purchased via the ticket exchange are subject to the ground regulations and terms & conditions.